Invest in tomorrow's metro. Today
Pondicherry is predicted to be one among the 15 new metros by 2025, in the "India's Economic Geography in 2025: States, Clusters and Cities" report by the coveted global consulting ﬁrm, McKinsey & Company. The report calls Pondicherry as one of the “very high performing” states in India.
Source: The Hindu, 01st Nov 2014, Chennai edition
Pondy Prominent on the global tourism map!
The foreseeable future
- 4 - lane connectivity from Chennai to Pondicherry.
- Pondicherry boasts a fully functional airport that has charter ﬂights and the local ﬂying training school operating out of this airport.
- Air connectivity from Pondicherry-Bengaluru via Air India Regional.
Smart City Pondicherry
- Pondicherry is one of India's top 100 smart cities – A project envisioned by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to revolutionize India.
- The social facilities on oﬀer at these cities are expected to be far better than the regular cities.
- The cities built/upgraded as part of the Smart Cities project shall have the very best in recreational facilities as well with sports stadia, open centres and plazas to go with centres of Culture
- The French government has earmarked 2 billion euros as credit for implementation of programmes under the project.
- This association will over support and expertise to the Pondicherry Government in sustainable urban development, water, waste management and energy effciency.